History

  • 2018

    After complete settlement of the fire damage with the insurer, Hellmann returns to standard business operations.

  • 2017

    A fire at the production plant destroys parts of production. The restoration takes 10 months. Due to a hesitant settlement on the part of the insurer, an insolvency application was filed in July by way of self-administration, to maintain unrestricted business operations.

  • 2014

    Sales restructuring, Hellmann consistently expands the sales team to intensify customer support

  • 2012

    Commissioning of own co-generation unit, expansion of the slicing department, 60 employees

  • 2011

    The first very successful appearance at the Anuga Food Fair, “taste11” award, new external appearance and new self-service packaging

  • 2008

    As part of the third generation, Jan-Frederik Hellmann takes over the business management from his two uncles Rudolf and Hermann. Annual awards from the DLG (German Agriculture Association), development of international sales

  • 2007

    First International Food Standard (IFS) certification, as well as certification according to EU Eco-Regulation, 50 employees

  • 2002

    The first “shaped sausage” is developed in the shape of a clover leaf; development of a production process to ensure casings, e.g. with sesame or wild garlic, remain firm when cut

  • 2001

    New construction of logistics centre with expansions until 2006

  • 2000

    Name change to R. Hellmann GmbH & Co. KG

  • 1997

    Hellmann includes poultry salami in the product range, thereby entering the Functional Food sector very early on

  • 1990

    Conversion of the company to EC approved business. Meanwhile, sausages are being marketed all over Germany

  • 1980

    Establishment of R. Hellmann GmbH

  • 1974

    Specialising of raw sausage according to customer request

  • 1967

    Opening of the specialist butcher’s shop in Bünde

  • 1966

    Start of raw sausage manufacture

  • 1965

    The two brothers develop their first recipe for a “farmers” Mettwurst

  • 1960

    Rudolf and Hermann Hellmann join the management and expand the slaughterhouse

  • 1948

    Rudolf Hellmann sen. establishes a large-scale slaughterhouse

Close Menu